The Children's TLC Groundhog Run is one of the very few 5k races, and believed to be the only 10k race in the nation that is totally underground. With a consistent temperature of 65 to 68 degrees, the Hunt Midwest SubTropolis is the ideal venue for runners to compete in this annual winter event! The races are sanctioned by KC Running Company.
||$35 through September 18
||$40 through September 18
||$40 September 19 - December 31
||$45 September 19 - December 31
||$45 January 1 - January 25
||$50 January 1 - January 25
Premium 5k or 10k: $100 through January 25
Premium entries include runner registration fee for either the 5k or 10k, a Groundhog Run stocking hat, and Hospitality Suite access on race day. Your stocking hat and Hospitality Suite wristband will be available at packet pickup. A limited quantity of Premium Level entries will be available for both races.
An offline registration form is available here. Must be postmarked by January 17, 2014. Submissions will be declined if race is sold out.
Race & Registration Info
- View the 2014 Groundhog Run Waiver
- Participants must be at least 8 years old on race day.
- No race day registration. If not sold out, your last chance to register will be Saturday, January 25th at packet pick-up.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another year.
- No runner substitutions allowed. This means that your entry cannot be transferred to another runner.
- Strollers and pets are strictly prohibited for safety reasons.
The Groundhog Run has a limited capacity and the race could sellout prior to January 25, 2014. We do not guarantee that registration will still be open at packet pick-up and suggest registering early to secure your spot in the 2014 Groundhog Run.
- The overall male and female in both the 5k and 10k will receive an award
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three male and top three female finishers in each age group in both the 5k and 10k races.
- NEW this year: Every 10k participant will receive a commemorative finishers medal
- Team Awards will be given to the 1st and 2nd place finishing teams in both the 5k and 10k. Teams are only available to Sponsors of the Groundhog Run. For more information about sponsoring the event, check out the Become a Sponsor page.
Age groups: 8-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over
Race results will be posted at www.kcrunningcompany.com after the race.
If you have questions or would like further information, please contact:
Jen Fetter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-756-0780 x2105